Where’s my refund – Ohio?
Check the status of your Ohio state refund online.
To view status information, you will be prompted to enter your:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Type of tax
- If it’s an amended return
Then, click “Submit” to view your Ohio refund status.
You can also check the status of your refund by calling the Ohio Refund Hot Line at 1-800-282-1784.
If you request a direct deposit for an original return, you can expect your OH refund within 15 business days. Paper returns will take approximately eight to 10 weeks to process. If the refund is not received in this time period, please use the “Check My Refund Status” option listed here.
What can cause a delay in my Ohio refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your Ohio refund, including the following:
- The tax return that has errors.
- The taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who has any outstanding unpaid assessments.
- The taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who owes money to the IRS.
- The taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who owes money for back child support.
- The taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who owes money for overpayment of public assistance.
Need more Ohio state refund and tax information?
Get access to the state’s frequently asked questions (FAQs), found at https://tax.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/tax/help-center/faqs.
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?