Where’s my refund – Pennsylvania?
Check the status of your Pennsylvania state refund online at https://www.mypath.pa.gov.
You will be prompted to enter:
- Your Social Security number
- The amount of your requested refund
Services for taxpayers with special hearing and/or speaking needs are available by calling 1-800-447-3020 (TT).
Your refund status will be updated daily. If the refund status has not changed or additional information is not being requested, the return still may be awaiting a routine review. You can continue to check your refund status online. Submit a question or contact the state’s Customer Experience Center for additional information at 1-717-787-8201, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (EST).
It takes around four weeks to process your PA tax return if you filed electronically. If the State needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer. After your overpayment is processed, it normally takes an additional three to four weeks for your refund to be mailed or direct deposited.
For paper filed PA-40 returns it can take eight to 10 weeks from the date the return was mailed for it to post to the system. Additionally, it may take approximately four weeks for your return to be reviewed and processed.
What can cause a delay in my Pennsylvania refund?
There are a number of reasons why your Pennsylvania state refund may be delayed, including the following:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request. additional information, the process will take longer.
- If you have math errors on your tax return or have other adjustments.
- If you used more than one form type to complete your tax return.
- If your tax return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more Pennsylvania refund and tax information?
More information regarding your Pennsylvania refund can be found at :
- By calling Pennsylvania automated toll-free Information Line 1-888-PA-TAXES(728-2937)
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?