IRS Letter 3340C – Audit Reconsideration Denial Letter
The IRS reconsidered your audit, and your claim has been partially or fully disallowed.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Likely next step: Handle an IRS tax audit
Why you received IRS Letter 3340C
- You filed a tax return which was selected for audit.
- The IRS did not receive a timely response to the notices sent regarding the final audit determination, and taxes were assessed.
- You requested audit reconsideration.
- You provided documentation to prove your position.
- The IRS sent Letter 3340C to notify you that the IRS is denying your request for abatement of taxes, either in part or in full. You have the right to appeal this decision.
Notice deadline: 30 days
If you miss the deadline: You lose your right to appeal the decision without paying the taxes first. Once you pay the taxes, you can file a claim for refund. Claims must be filed within three years of the date the return was filed.
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services. Or make an appointment for a free consultation with a local tax professional by calling 855-536-6504 or finding a local tax pro.
Was this topic helpful?